Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Couch Potato to 5K: Week 2 do-over

I guess this would be week 2 of the program for me, since I had the accident in the middle of my week 2 and had to go off the program for two weeks, but today I actually managed a full 30 minutes of intervals - up from 18 the first two times I ran. Plus, many of the intervals were actually 90 seconds, instead of the 60 I had been doing. A few there in the middle I could only do 30-45 seconds each, but I pushed myself at the end to get another 90-second run in.

Still running brutally slow, and had to stop after 15 minutes of intervals because my side was splitting me in half. But overall, pretty proud of me.

Next run is Friday, then another on Monday to start week 3. Let's see if I can get 30 minutes of continuous 90-second intervals next time.

Also, side progress note: The clothes I'm wearing right now actually fit me better than they did when I bought them. This both excites and disturbs me - I'm excited that I have a whole new outfit at my disposal (and quite nice one at that), but disturbed that I once bought clothes that barely fit me.

total non-sequitor: can I just admit that I'm a bit annoyed that they call this "couch potato to 5k?" I work out CONSTANTLY, yet this has been a huge challenge for me. Can't they call it "first time runner's training" or something that doesn't make it seem like you just got up from eating a bag of Cheetos and decided to run one day?

No comments: